NB This course is spread over five weeks with five full days of training as a standard configuration , however different schedules can be accommodated for group and bespoke bookings and please do advise us if you prefer we schedule a 10 half day configuration e.g. a late afternoon / evening course 1600-20.00 ). Delivery of non-standard course configurations is always subject to demand. Please scroll down for full schedule
The course is designed to inspire and develop individuals with effective and motivational training. It will enable practitioners to harness the full potential of a training group by facilitating discussion and participation. How to adapt your training to suit different clients and how to apply different learning processes in order to keep your clientele’s attention by delivering simulating sessions are but a few of the skills that you will learn during this course. Furthermore you will build up core competences and take on board the People & Co. model for best practice in a learning environment. The course focuses on the key phases and dimensions of training; contracting; Design and Development; and evaluation.
Course Target Audience
Newly appointed trainers, trainers wishing to refresh their skills, as well as experienced training professionals who want to develop and enhance their delivery and facilitation skills in a supportive environment.
What will I get out of the Course?
- Skills to deliver structured training sessions with well defined objectives
- Ability to adapt training to cater for all learning styles
- Confidence to manage a training environment, delegates and yourself
- A structured framework of best practice
- Constructive feedback to improve performance
- The skills to transform from a trainer to a 'Super-Trainer'
- Versatility of training delivery
- Facilitation and Leadership skills to enhance the delegate's learning experience
The course has been designed to incorporate both Train the trainer Standard Course and Train the Trainer Advanced Course.
- Training world: What is training?
- What are the core competencies of training?
- Training as part of the wider development process
- What are the organisational responsibilities?
- The training cycle
- An introduction to training needs analysis and effective evaluation
- The group and the individuals: Learning motivations and how it may affect the learning environment
- What individuals learn and what training can realistically deliver
- The training dilemmas
- The importance of discovery-based learning
- Developing self-esteem within the group
- Managing team dynamics through effective facilitation techniques
- Managing difficult delegates
- Structure: Meeting legal requirements as part of a welcome and administration section
- Ice breaking
- getting the group comfortable
- Creating a good beginning, middle and end to the session
- Effective sign posting to ensure that learning is linked
- Developmental methods and how this will meet the learning styles of the group
- Delivery: Presentational techniques to develop the 3 Vs of personal communication
- Using visual aids effectively
- Practical application of training skills against People and Co. Learning's competency framework
- Trainer as Learner - understanding your own style and development needs and their impact on delegates
- Developing your capabilities as an internal consultant
- Developing a credible leadership style by building rapport with participants and creating a positive learning environment
- Principles of training design, progressing your sessions in a logical and structured sequence
- Adapting course structures and learning activities to meet both group and individual learning needs
- Strategies to assist delegates in achieving their full learning potential
- Managing the group process, ensuring equal involvement and participation to develop an inclusive approach to training delivery
- Using a portfolio of facilitation and questioning techniques
- The importance of process objectives - differentiated from content outcomes
- Practical application of training skills against People and Co. Learning's competency framework.
- End of Course Assessment
During the course there will be the opportunity to indulge in recorded practice sessions. Feedback will be delivered on a group and individual basis.
Course Fee: €850
*Disclaimer: Kindly note scheduled dates and times are subject to change. We will do our best to avoid re-scheduling, however, in the unlikely event that this occurs, new dates/times will be discussed with applicants.