What is it about?
Scrum is a framework for developing, delivering & sustaining complex products through effective team collaboration. It has been used to develop software, hardware, autonomous vehicles, schools, government, marketing, managing the operation of organizations and almost everything we use in our daily lives, as individuals and societies. A Scrum Master is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum by helping others understand Scrum theory, practices, rules and values. Our two-day course, delivered accredited providers, addresses the principles and theory underpinning the Scrum framework, and the role of the Scrum Master.
Who is it for?
The Scrum Master course is for anyone involved in product delivery using the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial to those accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum team members.
What will I get out of it?
The course offers a combination of instruction and team-based exercises. Delegates are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand their application when returning to the workplace. Delegates will learn the role of Scrum Master, enabling them to lead a Scrum Team and drive adoption of the Scrum framework for more effective product and solution development.
What does the Scrum Master Certification course include?
- A two-day course addressing the principles and theory underpinning the Scrum framework, and the role of the Scrum Master in it.
- Delivered by APMG and Agile Business Consortium accredited training providers.
- Accredited training is mandatory. No self-study / public exam option.
- Course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises, teaching what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement.
- Underpinned by The Scrum Guide, developed and sustained by Scrum creators Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland.
- Throughout the course, students are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand their application when returning to the workplace.
- Much more than just a set of slides and an instructor; course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based on real-world scenarios.
- Purposefully less IT-centric. Exercises and discussions focus on non-IT scenarios.
Benefits of Scrum Master Certification:
- Gain a deep understanding of the Scrum Framework - the theory, practices, roles, rules and values - as defined in The Scrum Guide.
- Understand - in detail - the role of Scrum Master and how the role interacts with different members of the Scrum Team and other stakeholders.
- Master the Scrum principles to better understand their application when returning to the workplace.
- Understand how to construct an effective development team with an appropriate mix of skills and experience.
- Know how to act as a servant-leader for the Scrum Team, promoting and enabling self-organization to create high value products.
- Learn how to facilitate Scrum Events and remove impediments to the Scrum Team's progress.
- Help Scrum Product Owners shape and refine product backlogs to guide early and incremental delivery of valuable products.
- Drive adoption of the Scrum framework for more effective product and solution development, working with stakeholders and other Scrum Masters to improve its effectiveness.
Course Fee: €1,200
PRINCE2 - Foundation & Practitioner (Project Management)
*Disclaimer: Kindly note scheduled dates and times are subject to change. We will do our best to avoid re-scheduling, however, in the unlikely event that this occurs, new dates/times will be discussed with applicants.