Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)®
Course Location: Live Streamed Interactive - Classes limited to 10 participants
Typically course delegates book both the Foundation and Practitioner modules in the same week sequentially on-premise or the following week live streamed. However, People Learning provides three options to allow for more flexibility. Whilst we do highly recommend (based on our experienced trainers' recommendations) that delegates wishing to take both the Foundation and Practitioner qualification do not leave too big a gap between the courses we do offer various booking options for your convenience:
- Combined MSP® Foundation and Practitioner - Read on and scroll down for booking
- MSP® Foundation only
- Practitioner-only and advanced Practitioner courses may be available in the future
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)®
Run in conjunction with Insights UK an accredited MSP Training organisation :
Change is a way of life for all organisations. New types of business processes are being introduced, supplier relationships are changing, and organisations merge and divide in response to political or market forces.
Organisations are also striving to achieve benefits from improving existing practices, achieving business excellence, being better prepared for the future, enabling innovation and encouraging new ways of thinking about doing business.Where there is major change there will be complexity and risk. There will be many inter-dependencies and conflicting priorities to resolve. Programme Management provides a framework for managing this challenging environment.
Programme Management, like project management, is a management tool for bringing together people, activities and information to achieve something. Programme Management is a way of approaching the setting up and running of a programme. So, what is a programme? A programme is made up of a specific set of projects identified by an organisation that together will deliver some defined objective, or set of objectives, for the organisation. The objectives, or goals, of the programme are typically at a strategic level such that the organisation can achieve benefits and improvements in its business operation. There is a close link between Programme Management and project management because the programme is made up of projects and can only succeed if the projects within it succeed. The concept of a programme is that it should be more than the ‘sum of its parts’.
In other words, without Programme Management, the projects would probably still be able to deliver their particular outcomes but these would not be co-ordinated or integrated into the achievement of a strategic goal.
The Principles in Managing Successful Programmes advise how to:
The Processes in Managing Successful Programmes describe how to:
- manage a business case for the programme
- organise people to ensure responsibilities and lines of communication are clear
- plan the work in a way which achieves results
- ensure that the organisation does benefit from undertaking the programme
- ensure that all interested parties (the stakeholders) are involved
- resolve issues which arise
- identify and manage risks
- ensure quality
- keep up to date information which tracks the continually changing environment
- audit a programme to ensure standards are being followed
- identify the aim of the programme and envisaged benefits to the organisation
- define the programme, and specify how the organisation will be different afterwards
- define and implement the governance requirements for the programme
- monitor and coordinate the projects within a programme to a successful conclusion
- manage the transition between the ‘old’ and ‘new’ ways of working, ensuring benefit
- close the programme and ensure the ‘end goal’ has been achieved
MSP® Practitioner notes.
The final two days form the MSP PRACTITIONER module after completing the Foundation course and involve:
Delegates will consolidate and add to the knowledge and experience gained in the MSP Foundation course (attendance at which is a mandatory pre-requisite) to take you to the level required for the PEOPLECERT Programme Management (MSP) Practitioner certificate exams.
- Identifying a Programme
- Defining a Programme
- Managing the Tranches
- Delivering the Capability
- Realising the Benefits
- Closing a Programme
Writing Terms of Reference
- Sponsoring group
- Programme Director
- Business Change Manager
- Programme Manager
- Programme Support Office
- Capabilities and characteristics
Compiling a Blueprint
- Expanding the Programme Vision Statement
- The required business model
- Service levels & Key Performance measures
- Support systems
Planning a Programme
- Scheduling projects
- Resource sharing
- Defining tranches
- Handling dependencies
Running a Programme
- Issue management
- Risk management
- Quality management
- Benefits Realisation
- Programme Benefit Reviews
- APM Programme Scenario
- Exam based exercises
- Writing Terms of Reference
- Writing a Blueprint
- Creating a Programme Plan
- Risk Management Strategy
- Group question practice
- Individual practice
- Exam feedback
- Practitioner Advanced Exam assignments
Project Management experience or Project Board experience is required. Some pre-course material is provided which should be fully read and understood before the course start. This is an intensive course and some evening work will be required during the course.
The Practitioner examination is a open book (MSP Manual only) objective test examination based on a given scenario and lasting 150 minutes. There are 8 questions each worth 10 marks, making a total of 80 marks. The pass mark is 50%.
Managing Successful Programmes describes the framework and strategies of Programme Management. Programme Management is an integral part of OGC’s Best Practice portfolio.
Please note that PEOPLECERT require every candidate’s identification to be verified by the examination invigilator. You will be required to produce some photographic identification before being allowed to take the exam.
NB Price for Foundation only is €875
Price for Practitioner only (Foundation required) is €875
Full Certification (Axelos)
Highly experienced and accredited U.K. based trainer
Course manuals and examination fees included
All MSP® courses are approved to be held live-steamed online . Typically courses run 10 am to 5 pm Central European Timer (CET)
- All prices are exclusive of VSAT which is nit charged for our educational services under current Malta VAT dept guidlibe=nes for educational services.
- The cost includes all materials for the course and all exam fees
- All our courses are delivered by highly experienced and approved trainers with many years of experience in the delivery of PRINCE2 and other courses and the implementation of the methodology into organisations. All the courses will require some evening study (approx 1-2 hours per evening) and some pre-read material will be expected to have been read prior to attending the courses
- People and Co - People Learning reserve the right to cancel any course with insufficient bookings up to 14 days prior to the commencement date. Delegates already booked will be offered alternative places or a full refund.
“The MSP® courses on this page are offered by Insights ATO/Affiliate of PeopleCert / AXELOS Limited. MSP® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.”
Course Fee: €1,750
*Disclaimer: Kindly note scheduled dates and times are subject to change. We will do our best to avoid re-scheduling, however, in the unlikely event that this occurs, new dates/times will be discussed with applicants.