This course is designed and split into modules that make up the MQF level 5 Payroll and Administration Course and will provide you with the tools and skills you need to become proficient in a payroll context.
For those looking to take modules to upgrade skills or learn step by step, the learner can choose modules separately.
This award is valuable for those who are employed in a human resources/payroll environment, students, employers and professionals who wish to enhance their accountancy/payroll skills or those wishing to enter this employment sector.
MQF Level 3, Conversant in English language, Possess basic IT skills such as use of Microsoft Teams, Search Engines and email. Some prior experience in payroll is desirable, but not essential as the Award caters for all levels of knowledge in the subject matter.
Upon completion of this course, learners will:
1) Enhance and develop a career in Payroll as part of the HR or Finance function of an employer and expand skills in payroll processes.
2) Advance his/her administrative role by administering an essential task applicable to any business, irrespective of a number of employees.
3) Understand the current Employment Acts (ITA, ITMA, SSA, EIRA, ETSA) and interpret general employer and employee obligations and rights.
4) Correctly compile forms and issue the required reports with confidence by the due deadlines and remain compliant with the General Data Protection Rules.
5) Understand Taxation and insurability concerning employment and become specifically proficient with Fringe Benefits and Special Tax Regimes computations.
6) Be knowledgeable in Payroll Software Interface and conversant with online tools relevant to payroll purposes.
Module 2, Taxation and Insurability
a) The Tax at source charging system
b) The Tax Status
c) Tax treatment on Primary and Secondary employment and overtime
d) The Final Settlement System
e) The Social Security Classes and Categories
f) Insurability of directors of limited liability companies and partners in commercial partnerships
g) Insurability of Seafarers
h) Determine insurability exemptions
i) The Maternity Fund contributions
j) The mechanism of VOPS
k) Residence, Ordinary residence, and Domicile
l) Basis of Taxation
m) Special Tax Regimes
n) Fringe benefits Rules
During the course, there will be the opportunity to indulge in recorded practice sessions. Feedback will be delivered on a group and individual basis.
Monday 17 July 2023 17:00-20:00
Wednesday 19 July 2023 17:00-20:00
Monday 7 August 2023 17:00-20:00
Wednesday 9 August 2023 17:00-20:00
Monday 16 October 2023 17:00-20:00
Wednesday 18 October 2023 17:00-20:00
Wednesday 1 November 2023 17:00-20:00
Friday 3 November 2023 17:00-20:00
Delivered by an experienced Tax Practitioner and Lecturer
Course Notes and workbooks are included.
This course is currently being delivered live-streamed and in English.
Course Fee: 400.00
|16 Oct 2023 - 03 Nov 2023 €400.00|
|16 Oct 23||17:00||20:00|
|18 Oct 23||17:00||20:00|
|01 Nov 23||17:00||20:00|
|03 Nov 23||17:00||20:00|